FRENCH & FUN
Language immersion: 5
AGE OF STUDENTS
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
French & Fun is the perfect programme to develop your language skills and to discover the French culture and way of life. Your desire to fit in a new environment, your wish to communicate and your motivation are the keys to succeed in this programme.
French & Fun is highly advisable to teenagers who have studied French for at least 3 years, who are open-minded and dynamic. It is not recommended to students who are shy, with a low level of French or who have never travelled abroad on their own before. It is necessary to make the effort to adapt to a new lifestyle (organisation at home, general rules, food habits, etc.) and to a rural environment in most cases. You will have no contact with other teenagers of your nationality during the stay.
Full-board accommodation in a French host family.
There will be no other student of your nationality or mother tongue hosted by the family at the same time as you, but there may be students of other nationalities.
You will share the daily life of your host family. You and your hosts will decide after your arrival which activities you want to take part in, depending on the location of the host family. In total, there will be 15 hours of general activities: cinema, bowling, swimming pool, cooking, going to the restaurant, city tours, local place of interest, shopping, picnic, arts and crafts, local market, walks, board games, etc. A member of the host family will supervise all the activities. It is important to let us know which activities are of particular interest to you to take it into account when selecting your host family.
It is important to remember that the main goal of French & Fun is the language immersion and the French host family has no obligation to organise any other activity or visit than those planned in your programme. You will have to make the effort to practise the language in an intensive way in order to improve your skills.
We can welcome you in different parts of France:
Region A: Brittany
Region B: Côte d’Azur (French Riviera)
Region C: Loire Valley
Region D: Provence
Region E: Rhône-Alpes
Region F: Paris and surroundings
You can choose the region but not the exact destination. E.D.I. will select your host family depending on your profile, the dates of the stay and the options or interests you mention in your enrolment form.
Our host families live in cities, in small towns or in the countryside. The place of residence of your hosts should not be a decisive element in your enrolment. We recommend French & Fun to teenagers who are eager to speak French and ready to adapt to a new environment, sometimes totally different from what they are used to.
Return airport or train station transfers carried out by our local organiser or the host family.
We will give you the name of the airport / train station of destination once your enrolment is confirmed so that you can book your flights or train tickets.
The French host family and our local organiser are available whenever needed. Our local organiser is here to make sure your experience is pleasant and successful. Do not hesitate to contact her / him if you have any doubt or problem. You can also email, text or phone E.D.I. directly if you prefer.
- E.D.I. will select the exact destination of your stay depending on the dates, on your age and on your wishes. We will confirm the airport or train station name once your enrolment is accepted so that you can book your flights or train tickets.
- Wherever you choose to go, you can be hosted in the main city OR in the area. Sometimes it can be difficult for the host family to organise some activities depending on where they live (bowling if they live in the countryside or fishing if they live in a big city for example). You have to be aware of that, especially if you live in a big city in your home country.
- Most host families live in the countryside. We recommend this programme to students eager to improve their language skills, to communicate and who are ready to adapt to a different way of life. Our host families may come from various backgrounds but they are all happy to share their daily life with you, teach you their language and introduce you to their way of life and habits.
- E.D.I. does not guarantee that there will be a French kid of a similar age in the host family.
- It is not your host family’s responsibility to organise activities, visits or excursions during your free time.
- The family can host several students of different nationalities at the same time. You may have to share your room with one of them or with one of the host children if there are some.
- A member of the host family will always accompany you to your activities. All the costs are included (entrance fee, transport, material fee, etc.).
- The list of activities given above is not contractual or restrictive. It only gives examples of the activities or excursions your host family can offer.
- The activities last at least one hour.
- Contact us before you book your flights or train tickets.
DATES & PRICES 2017
Individual stay, travel to/ from destination not included in the price
If booked as “Unaccompanied Minor”(a) with the airline, E.D.I. will charge an extra cost of 25€ one way (50€ return).
Dates: possible all year long, with arrival and departure on Sundays, between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. (b)
Return transfers included from the closest airport or train station*:
- Zona A Brittany: Nantes, Rennes or Brest airports
- Zona B Côte d’Azur (French Riviera): Nice airport
- Zona C Loire Valley: Tours airport or train station
- Zona D Provence: Marseille airport
- Zona E Rhône-Alpes: Lyon or Geneva airports
- Zona F Paris: Orly or Roissy Charles de Gaulle airports
*We will confirm the airport or train station of destination when your enrolment is confirmed. Please do not book your flights or train tickets before receiving our instructions.
Prices (travel not included)(c)
|Destination / Length of stay
|Regions A, B & C
|Regions D & E
(a) The “UM” service (Unaccompanied Minor) is intended for teenagers under 15 travelling alone. Some airlines demand that they travel accompanied by the cabin crew.
(b) If you don not respect the indicated time slot when you book your flights or train tickets, we will not be able to organise your transfers.
(c) Extra cost of 50 € for any late enrolment (less than a month from your departure date).